Central Etobicoke is about to get a lot more urban - a major transformation is occurring along Eglinton Ave West between Scarlett Rd and Martin Grove Rd. Along with the recent approval of an extension of the LRT west of Mt Dennis to Pearson Airport, a slew of developments are to soon be constructed. Here's a summary:
1. W&E - Widdicombe & Eglinton Freehold Townhomes. 196 units ranging from 2248sf to 2625sf. Construction has begun.
2. Shannex Parkland Eglinton Retirement Living is a seniors living facility on the property located at 4650 Eglinton Avenue.
3. Trinity Developments plans on investing in Richview Plaza (250 Wincott Drive). Their website has proposed drawings that includes a rebranding of the existing plaza, modernization of the existing building/landscaping, 2 residential towers, and new underground parking.
4. The property where Plant World is located (4000 Eglinton Ave W) has been sold to Lanterra (Plant World is still open for business). Lanterra Developments initially proposed a mixed use development with 5 apartment buildings containg 1900 units (ranging in height from 18 - 33 storeys). Lanterra has since scaled back the plan (there was a lot of objection to the initial proposal by local residents).
5. The City of Toronto has approved and allocated funding for an expansion of the LRT along Eglinton Ave West to Pearson Airport. Dedicated lines will be constructed west of the St. Dennis station all the way to the airport. Click here for more info.
6. The Towns of Richview built by National Homes. 68 freehold townhomes ranging from 2700sf to 2790sf.
A real estate team dedicated to living in the 4one6 . We know Toronto.